Who doesn’t love a refreshing drink to sip on the porch. This recipe offers up a healthy alternative to sweetened beverages while still delivering a great taste! Print the recipe below or check out the printable recipe card here.
Strawberry Basil Infused Water
- 1 cup water
- 6 cubes of ice
- 3 strawberries
- 3 basil leaves
- Pour one cup of water into a mason jar or tumbler. Tear basil leaves and add to water. Thinly slice strawberries and add mixture. Top with ice cubes and seal lid of jar or tumbler. Shake well to combine. Serve chilled.
Recipe Copyright Bittersweet Walnut Grove 2012
Find more seasonal recipes in Bittersweet Walnut Grove’s Cookbook Series
All natural sugar scrub perfect for smoothing hands after a day working in the garden.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 10 strawberry herbal tea bags
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 1/4 cup coarse sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups coconut oil
- printable label, below
- 2 quarter pint mason jars
- 8.5 x 11 sheet white card stock
- 2 1/2 inch circle punch or scissors
Add all ingredients into a large bowl. Blend ingredients together until a paste (sugar scrub) forms. Spoon sugar scrub into mason jars.
Print one sheet of labels onto white card stock. Cut or punch two labels from printed sheet. Place labels on lids of the mason jars and seal to close.