We really enjoy making seasonal treats for friends and family. Sometimes, baking the treats is only half the fun. Stamped small glassine bags with fall Autumn leaves and fill with fresh praline pecans.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup pecan halves
- Line one or more cookie sheets with wax paper and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan combine sugars, cream and syrup. Stir frequently and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce to low and continue stirring until the temperature reaches 238 degrees.
- Remove from heat. Add butter and vanilla to mixture. Using a wooden spoon, beat mixture 1 to 2 minutes until it becomes an opaque color.
- Add pecan and stir to combine. Working quickly, drop tablespoons of praline pecans until prepared cookie sheets.
- Let cool and store in an airtight container.