Every farm girl loves a cool jar of fresh lemonade after a long day.
Try it with lavender for a stressing reducing touch.
Farm Fresh: Lavender Lemonade
- 2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 1/4 cup sugar
- 7 cups water
- 2 teaspoons dried lavender buds
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 lemon sliced to garnish
- 2 drops blue food coloring (optional)
- 1 drop red food coloring (optional)
- Combine two cups of water and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisk until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in honey and lavender. Cover and let steep 15 minutes.
- In a large pitcher combine lemon juice and water. Using a fine strainer, strain lavender syrup into pitcher and whisk to combine. Stir in optional food coloring, cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours.
- Serve over ice. Yields 10 to 12 cups.
Recipe Copyright Bittersweet Walnut Grove 2012
Find more seasonal recipes in Bittersweet Walnut Grove’s Cookbook Series
Whip up a batch of this in your kitchen and you’ll have your skin feeling silky smooth in just 10 minutes! Sugar scrubs are quite exfoliating and moisturizing to the skin. Scrubs can be applied to most areas of the body and are especially beneficial to the hands and feet. Use 1 tablespoon as needed. To smooth rough areas gently press the sugar granules in the body scrub in a circular motion and rinse.
Get started by downloading the Farm Fresh Mason Jar Labels
- 8.5 x 11 inch white card stock
- 4 oz mason jars (or other air tight containers)
- 2.5 inch circle punch (optional)
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup olive or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 8 drops lavender oil (optional)
- 1 lemon, zest from
- 1 teaspoon lavender buds
In a small bowl mix the olive oil, vitamin E oil, and sugar together. Blend in optional lavender oil.
Next, zest the lemon rind until only white it remaining on the outside of the lemon. Add the zest to the sugar and oil mixture.
Roll the lemon firmly on a cutting board to burst the juice capsules. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze over the mixture. Stir to combine. Add lavender buds and use a fork or spatula to blend and mash to create a body scrub.
Print the Farm Fresh Mason Jar Labels onto white card stock. Cut labels from printed card stock or punch out. Place label inside jar lid and seal.
Store scrub in an air tight container for up to one month. Yields 2 – 4 oz mason jars
Find more seasonal recipes in Bittersweet Walnut Grove’s Book Series
Find all the essential oils needed at Bulk Apothecary. Save $10 off your first order over $25