Our Double Chocolate Crinkle Cookies will melt in your mouth. This bittersweet chocolate recipe is best enjoyed with a cup of coffee or milk to compliment the rich taste.
- Olive oil to grease baking sheets
- 1 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 3 large egg whites, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease baking sheets with olive oil and set aside.
- In a small glass bowl melt 1 cup chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring at 30 second intervals for approximately 2 minutes. Set aside. In a medium mixing bowl combine cocoa, cornstarch, salt, and 1 cup of powdered sugar. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in 1 cup of powdered sugar. Continue beating until mixture resembles soft marshmallow cream. On a low speed slowly add in dry mixture, remaining 1/2 of chocolate chips, and melted chocolate. Blend well.
- Pour remaining 1/2 of powdered sugar into a small bowl. Roll 1 rounded tablespoon of dough into a bowl. Roll dough ball into powdered sugar, coating thickly. Place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat placing powdered dough balls 2 inches apart on baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until cookies puff and tops crack. Cool cookies for 10 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to wire rack to complete cooling.
- Yields: 2 dozen
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Find more seasonal recipes in Bittersweet Walnut Grove’s Cookbook Series