Candy Apples are a seasonal favorite for our family. It is fun to choose a new candy topping each year! The Heath candy topping is sooo good, you’ll want to try it for yourself!
- 4 small apples
- 25 caramels
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 Heath candy bars
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a small mixing bowl, crush heath with a wood spoon. Set aside. Line a platter or cookie sheet with wax paper and grease with butter.
- In a large saucepan, combine water and caramels. Melt caramels over medium to high heat, stir constantly until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Insert skewer into each apple. Dip one apple into melted caramel and spoon caramel over the top of apples. Scrape excess caramel off the bottom of the apple. Roll caramel apple in crushed heath and place on prepared platter.
- Repeat steps for each apple. Store on the platter in the refrigerator for one hour. Remove from refrigerator and allow to thaw for 15 minutes before serving.
Dress Up Candy Apples:
- Print one sheet of the Apple Labels on letter size white card stock
- Pop out each circle with a 2 1/2 inch circle punch
- Hole punch the top of each tag
- Tie with raffia to the skewer